Use our roundup of daily hashtags to inspire your social calendar. Pick and choose, and find the tone that is right for your institution.
These daily hashtags can also increase engagement beyond your institutional community and provide a peek into what life is like as a student at your college or university. You don’t have to use these hashtags every day of the week—in fact, we strongly recommend you don’t—but they can be a helpful tool for creating variety in your posts and positioning you to engage with your followers in new ways and provide a real representation of the institutional community that prospective students could join.
Ease into the week by highlighting a story of mentoring, a campus muse, or a tip for students to start the week out right.
- #MentoringMonday – Mentoring is a huge part of all education – use this hashtag to share a testimonial about mentoring at your institution, or showcase a faculty member that is at the forefront of their field.
- #MindfulMonday – Sometimes we all need a little help to get through Monday – and mindfulness can play a large role. Help your community reduce stress and set a tone for success for the week.
- #MondayMemories – Celebrate an institutional anniversary or highlight a past post or event.
- #MondayMotivation – Share inspirational quotes from faculty, alumni or founders. Highlight feel-good stories from students and alumni.
- #MondayMuse – Post about an inspirational or aspirational staff member, student alumni or faculty member.
The second day of the workweek is the hashtag grab bag – there’s a hashtag to inspire every kind of post.
- #TastyTuesday – Every college or university has it’s own well-known cuisine, share those traditions or highlight something else tasty happening on campus!
- #TipTuesday – There are always tips and tricks that can be shared – work with your library staff, or the IT department and pair it with#TechTuesday.
- #TransformationTuesday – Typically used for fitness transformations, have some fun with before and after photos of campus transformations!
- #TuesdayTakeover – Takeovers are a great opportunity to focus your posts on just one topic for the day and bring diverse voices to your feed. Sharing your institutional feed with a students can really help a prospective student get a sense of life at your school.
- #TuesdayTrivia – Trivia time! Start with a morning post with a question about University history and see how your community engages.
It’s the middle of the week – use these hashtags so that your content doesn’t get stale.
- #WednesdayWisdom – Share knowledge from a thought leader on campus that will resonate with other thought leaders or business experts. Make sure to use other relevant hashtags for the topic area!
- #WellnessWednesday – Showcase your “caring” programs with a highlight from one of the courses that showcases self-care, community or personal wellness.
- #WinItWednesday – Even if sports aren’t your schools “thing” – you can celebrate a win. Highlight a policy change or an alum getting an awesome recognition.
- #WomenWednesday – Focus on sharing stories of the amazing women that represent your school, whether they are students, alumni, faculty or staff – shine the spotlight on them!
- #WonderfulWednesday – Many campuses have lab-days on Wednesday – and it’s a magical day where students are in smaller classes and really rolling up their sleeves. Take a moment to share why this mid-week day can be a highlight.
We all know about #TBT – and it’s still listed below, BUT Thursday can be a day to celebrate so much more. Art, gratitude and trending topics are all possibilities for Thursday!
- #ArtThursday – Campuses are a treasure trove of art – share some history about pieces placed around campus, or showcase new work by students, alumni and faculty that might be in an on-campus gallery at the moment.
- #ThankfulThursday – Gratitude should be shown everyday – but use this hashtag to broadcast those feelings more widely on Thursday. Thank a local business or the town where your institution is located to show your love for your area and gain visibility.
- #ThrowbackThursday / #TBT – Drag out the archive boxes and find those old photos that will inspire awe! Think about how they relate to the current enrollment season or the context of what is happening now – a fun photo that isn’t relevant won’t get the likes and shares that you seek.
- #ThursdayFlow – It’s downhill for the rest of the week (in a good way) – use this hashtag to showcase real life as a student or faculty member.
- #ThursdayThoughts – Use this hashtag to showcase how faculty or students are addressing a trending topic. Share wise insights via a takeover, video post or a re-share!
It’s the end of the work / school week! So Friday’s tone is completely celebratory and friendly.
- #FearlessFriday – There are so many great stories of students and alumni overcoming challenges – use this hashtag to introduce their story, and link back to the deeper profile!
- #FridayFact – We all love statistics, definitions, or trivia. And Friday is a great day to share something that will have your followers say “Wow!”
- #FridayFun – Demonstrate what life is like for your students. What is happening on campus or how are your students spending their time when not in class?
- #FriYay – Celebrate! Share excitement with your community about the incoming class, commencements, the end of the semester or a long weekend. This hashtag is a fun one to shift the tone of perfunctory academic calendar announcements.
- #FollowFriday – Alumni and faculty have social accounts that could expand your audience as well. Shine the light on your community!
Saturday & Sunday
It’s the weekend! Schedule posts ahead of time, and keep it light.
- #SaturdaySummary – Post a recap of the good news of the week. It’s great to stack up the accomplishments of the community in a single post for anyone that missed the one-off announcements during the week.
- #SelfcareSaturday – As more and more students are working full-time or taking care of family or other obligations while studying, this hashtag can help share resources – reminding them about student success teams and other resources that will help them prevent burnout.
- #ShoutoutSaturday / #SS – Just like #ThankfulThursday, share some gratitude! Call out a highly engaged follower, alumni and tag them so that others can join in.
- #SundayFunday – Keep things light over the weekend – ask your community to share or make suggestions for a fun (exhilarating, or eye-open, or relaxing) activity local to campus or that reminds them of their time on campus.
- #SundayRead – Share some books from faculty or alumni authors, or highlight some required reading from a cool course and link to more information on the course.
There are hundreds of daily hashtags, and there are always more that are being added. So this list isn’t meant to be exhaustive, but it should serve as inspiration for how your marketing team can create a social calendar that can portray your institution authentically and create engagement with different groups of prospective students.